Our curriculum is tried and true, yet constantly evolving through continual feedback from our students. Moreover, it is flexible with a fully elective fourth year and abundant opportunities for research and public service.
As our student, you are an integral member of a welcoming community of educators and scholars eager to help you follow the path of your choice, whether it be a career in clinical medicine, academic medicine, education, research or administration.
- Patient contact begins in the first month
- First year is pass/fail, leveling the playing field for students from diverse backgrounds and non-science majors
- Fourth year is totally elective
- Course syllabi and graphic materials are available online
- Student carrels provide a cozy environment for collegial, collaborative study and learning
- Customize your education at multiple points
- Students and faculty evaluate and refine each and every course, every year
- Grow as a person, as a citizen and as leader through participation in The Unofficial Curriculum of more than 50 student-run groups, service projects and activities
Our faculty recognizes that students have various learning styles. For that reason, our curriculum incorporates resources and approaches that let our students learn the way they prefer. These approaches include
1:1:1 student:patient:faculty interactions
Lectures and laboratory sessions
Video-taped and archived lectures and presentations
Active, engaging clinical learning guided by master clinicians